Chitwa Chitwa is one of the jewels of the Sabi Sands – a beautiful lodge with a large viewing deck and rim-flow pool overlooking one of the biggest lakes in the reserve. The lake is a popular drinking hole and attracts a huge variety of wildlife including elephants, buffalo, giraffe, waterbuck and of course the resident hippos. The game viewing around Chitwa Chitwa is superb.
Why choose Chitwa Chitwa for your safari?
- Luxurious en-suite room
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- Superb big 5 game viewing
- Plush lounge and pool areas
- Bush walks and open vehicle game drives
- Part of the Greater Kruger National Park
- Great foodRecently upgraded
Shaded by large trees, Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge overlooks the serene beauty of the African bush and the wildlife surrounding the lake in front of the lodge. Spacious viewing areas and two swimming pools create the perfect environment to relax, unwind and absorb the sights, sounds and scents of Africa.
The lodge has recently been upgraded, and all rooms are now spacious, luxury suites, most of them overlooking the waterhole. The suites are tastefully decorated in modern African style, and equipped with mosquito nets and air-conditioning.
Indulging in the clever design which brings the outside in, the magnificent bar and lounge areas melt into the surrounding trees, rendering you invisible to the game gathering on the open plain in the cool of the evening.
Food is a sensory delight, but at Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge it doesn’t just tantalize the palate, eyes and nose. Here, meals are as much a social feast as a culinary one: savour the intriguing combination of African and Mediterranean dishes, accompanied by select wines from our extensive cellar and warm conversation from our rangers and friendly management team. Lunch is served next to the pool in the thatched lapa, while dinner is relished in the open-air boma, or in our elegant dining room.
Early morning game drives begin at sunrise, and Chitwa Chitwa is well known for being situated in one of the best game viewing areas in the Sabi Sands. Game drives are conducted on open land rovers by experienced rangers and trackers. The afternoon game drive heads out as the day begins cooling down, and after enjoying sundowners at a scenic spot in the bush, we continue the drive after dark to search for nocturnal predators that become active after sunset.
Guided bush walks are also conducted each day, led by an armed ranger who will introduce you to the wonders of the wild on foot.
Chitwa Chitwa is a favourite game lodge for many returning guests, because of its combination of great location, plush luxury, good food and warm atmosphere.
CHITWA CHITWA RATES
Our rates are all-inclusive. There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below.
The following is :
- Luxurious accommodation with air-conditioning and en-suite bathroom.
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees.
- Inclusive Rates include local house wines, beers and soft drinks.
- Two scheduled game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each).
- Interactive bush walk with experienced armed ranger.
- VAT / Taxes.
|Jan-Dec 2013||ZAR 6,321||ZAR 6,664|
|Jan-Dec||ZAR 6,930||ZAR 7,376|
Please note the following:
- per person sharing per night
- Please ask about single occupancy rates if required.
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands).
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com
The following is excluded
- Flights / transfers to and from Chitwa Chitwa (see below).
- Sabi Sands entry fee (if you drive yourself).
- Premium branded drinks and cellar wines.
- From 2013, local beers and house wines are excluded on the Standard rate.
- Government tourism levy (1%).
- Telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses.
- Curio shop purchases.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Children are welcome at Chitwa Chitwa.
- Please ask us about rates and conditions for children.
Getting to the lodge
- You can book a scheduled flight on SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport.
- From Hoedspruit Airport we can arrange a road transfer to the lodge. The trip takes just over an hour.
- Road transfers from Johannesburg can also be arranged. This trip takes about 6 hours.
- We can also book you a direct chartered flight from Johannesburg to the lodge’s airstrip.
- You can drive yourself to the lodge. We offer car rental at excellent rates, with unlimited mileage and super insurance cover with no excess.