Elephant Plains Game Lodge in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve is one of the best value safari lodges in Greater Kruger. What makes this lodge so amazing is that it offers luxury accommodation and excellent Big Five game viewing at a much lower price than many comparable lodges in the Sabi Sand. Situated on the banks of the Manyeleti River in one of the largest remaining true wilderness areas, Elephant Plains offers a choice of standard rooms, spacious luxury suites as well as a romantic honeymoon suite. The pool deck overlooks the watering hole opposite the camp where elephants and other animals come to drink daily.
Why choose Elephant Plains Game Lodge for your safari?
- Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Choice of luxury or standard rooms
- Air-conditioning and en-suite bathroom
- Daily big 5 game drives, night drive and bush walk
- Part of the Greater Kruger National Park
- Very affordable rates
- Excellent chance of seeing leopards up close
- Good lodge to use as base for photographic safaris
Elephant Plains Lodge accommodates a maximum of 24 guests, which ensures personal service and a warm, friendly atmosphere. The main lodge houses the reception, dining room, bar/lounge, wine cellar, library and curio shop. There are six luxury suites, each with a lounge area and private deck with views of the riverbed. All the luxury suites have inside and outside showers. The honeymoon suite is a spacious, luxurious suite situated away from the other rooms offering complete privacy, and boasts an outdoor shower and private plunge pool on the spacious deck. A further five original rondavels (their standard rooms) are set in a beautifully landscaped garden. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with shower and bath, and each rooms has air-conditioning and mosquito nets.
The bar is an ideal place to relax and share experiences. Mealtimes are mouth-watering events complemented by carefully selected wines from the lodge’s well-stocked cellar. Breakfast and lunch are served buffet style in the dining room and evening meals are served around a fire in the boma (reed enclosure), in true African tradition. Each meal is prepared with exquisite care, and this combined with the open-air setting, magnificent views and sounds of the bush around you, ensure an unforgettable dining experience.
Daily early morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles are included in the package, as well as a guided bush walk after breakfast. Your personal guides – an experienced game ranger and local Shangaan tracker – are keen to share their extensive knowledge and love of the African bush with you. The 4-wheel drive vehicles enable the rangers to drive off-road and provide guests with up-close game viewing and great photographic opportunities. A typical day starts with an early morning game drive at sunrise, followed by an extensive breakfast. After breakfast a guided bush walk will give you the opportunity to see wildlife on foot and admire the smaller wonders of the wild.
During the afternoon game drive you will stop at a carefully selected venue to enjoy a sun-downer whilst watching the sun set over the awe-inspiring wilderness, before continuing on a night drive using spotlights to look for nocturnal animals, like lion, leopard, hyena and more. Return to the lodge for a superb dinner under African skie
During the midday hours you can watch animals from the deck, relax around the sparkling pool, enjoy a traditional siesta in your air-conditioned room, or browse through our interesting library and curio shop.
Come and enjoy an affordable big 5 safari in the African bush. At Elephant Plains Game Lodge you can expect an experience that will live up to the Africa of your imagination, and create memories for a lifetime!
The following is INCLUDED:
- Accommodation with air-conditioning and en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees
- Two scheduled game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive bush walk with experienced armed ranger
- VAT / Taxes
|May – Aug 2013||ZAR 1,735||ZAR 2,617||ZAR 3,009|
|Sep – Dec 2013||ZAR 2,029||ZAR 2,911||ZAR 3,303|
|Jan – Apr 2014||ZAR 2,401||ZAR 3,332||ZAR 5,978|
|May – Aug 2014||ZAR 2,156||ZAR 3,087||ZAR 3,479|
|Sep – Dec 2014||ZAR 2,401||ZAR 3,332||ZAR 5,978|
Please note the following:
- Rates are quoted per person sharing per night
- Please ask about single occupancy rates if required
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands)
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com
The following is excluded
- Flights / transfers to and from the lodge (see below)
- Sabi Sands entry fee (if you drive yourself)
- All drinks
- Telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses.
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children are welcome at this lodge
- Children under 12 pay half price if sharing a room with parents.
Getting to the lodge
- You can book a scheduled flight on SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport.
- From Hoedspruit Airport we can arrange a road transfer to the lodge. The trip takes just over an hour
- Road transfers from Johannesburg can also be arranged. This trip takes about 6 hours.
- We can also book you a direct chartered flight from Johannesburg to the lodge’s airstrip.
- You can drive yourself to the lodge. We offer car rental at excellent rates, with unlimited mileage and super insurance cover with no excess