Kambaku Safari Lodge is a family-friendly game lodge in the heart of the famous Timbavati Game Reserve, a Big Five wilderness area which forms part of the greater Kruger National Park. This rustic and charming lodge overlooks a small waterhole, and is situated in an excellent area for game viewing.
Why choose Kambaku for your safari?
- Timbavati Game Reserve
- Comfortable, rustic en-suite rooms
- Camp overlooks waterhole
- Sparkling pool
- Daily big 5 game drives and bush walk
- Part of the Greater Kruger National Park
- Friendly, informal atmosphere
- Affordable luxury
Kambaku is a small, intimate camp which accommodates just sixteen guests in a relaxed, informal and homely atmosphere. This rustic lodge overlooks a waterhole which is visited regularly by Timbavati’s big and small game. The game viewing in this area is good and the game drive vehicles stay in radio contact to maximise sightings of interest.
Lanterns for light, eco-friendly solar and battery power for fans, and gas geysers for hot water are just some of the specifics that ensure an original luxurious rustic bush experience. Each of the seven thatched chalets is en-suite with both shower and bath. The rooms offer a combination of family suites, doubles and twins to satisfy everyone’s specific requirements. Four poster beds, white linen and draped mosquito nets ensure absolute romance. There is electricity for charging cameras and other equipment.
Guided safaris depart just after sunrise each day in open game drive vehicles. Tracking Africa’s big game, the evening safari leaves after you have enjoyed afternoon tea and continues into the night after sundowners at a panoramic viewpoint. The evening holds a sense of anticipation as the rare and elusive nocturnal species begin their night activities. A midmorning bush walk with an experienced and armed ranger is also included.
“We’ve been overwhelmed by your hospitality. You’ve worked so hard to make our stay special. The food has been splendid, the safaris – great fun and the animals – WOW! It’s exceeded our expectations.
Ralph and Chris – Leicester, England
Kambaku has put a lot of effort into ensuring that the lodge meets and exceeds the expectations of guests. The staff’s warm enthusiasm and dedication create a wonderful atmosphere for a relaxed and memorable safari!
Our rates are all-inclusive. There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below.
The following is INCLUDED:
- Luxurious accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees, soft drinks, local beers and house wines
- Two game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive bush walk with armed ranger for guests staying 2 or more nights
- VAT / Taxes
|Jan – Dec 2014||ZAR 3,100|
|Jan – Dec 2015||ZAR 3,283|
Please note the following:
- Rates are quoted per person per night sharing
- Single supplement is sometimes waived at this lodge, please ask us
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands)
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com/convert/classic
- Special rates may apply from time to time. Please email us to enquire.
- Gratuities (optional)
The following is excluded
- Telephone calls and personal expenses
- lights / transfers to and from Kambaku (see below)
- Landing fees (where applicable)
- Timbavati entrance fee and conservation fee
- Imported drinks, premium wines and spirits
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children are welcome at Kambaku
- Please ask us about rates and conditions for children.
- You can book a scheduled flight on SA Airlinkfrom Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport.
- Transfers can be arranged from the airport to the lodge.
- You can also book a direct chartered flight from Johannesburg to the lodge’s airstrip.
- Please enquire about departure and arrival times.
- Please enquire about road transfers from Johannesburg (this is about a 6-hour trip).
- From Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport the transfer takes about 45 minutes.