Lion Sands Game Lodge is situated in the South-eastern corner of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, overlooking the Sabie River and Kruger National Park. Lion Sands has two distinct lodges – River Camp and Ivory Lodge. A recent addition to Lion Sands is the brand new 1933 family camp, a spacious, luxurious camp with accommodation for 8 adults and 8 children, available only on an exclusive basis. This is the ultimate luxury hideaway for private groups and families.
Lion Sands River Camp has been built on the banks of the Sabie River. It faces due east, catching the sun as it rises over the Kruger National Park.
The River Camp is a 5-star lodge with 18 luxury thatched chalets connected by raised wooden walkways. Each unit has an en-suite bathroom with inside and outside shower. For a 5-star game lodge in such a prime location, the rates are very reasonable.
The lodge has two swimming pools, a large viewing deck with spotting scopes and comfortable lounge and bar area. The game viewing at Lion Sands is superb, due to its location on the Sabie River.
Lion Sands Ivory Lodge is an award-winning 6-star lodge that was rated best hotel in the world by Tatler Magazine in 2006.
Ivory Lodge truly is a magnificent place, with spacious, ultra-luxury suites overlooking the Sabie River, each with private plunge pool and outside shower. Privacy is guaranteed and the service is world-class.
The main lodge and entrance area comprise a private lounge, wooden viewing decks, board room, wine cellar, health spa, curio shop & both an indoor and open-air (Boma) dining area. Ivory Lodge is about elegance, simplicity and sophistication. It truly is one of the best travel locations we can recommend.
Lion Sands strives to deliver a consistently professional, informative & holistic safari experience, ensuring that all spheres of the eco-system, from the smallest insect to the mighty elephant, are covered in as much detail as you may require. The senior Ecologist, tracker and ranger teams have been carefully selected to ensure that the safari experience will exceed your highest expectations.
LION SANDS RATES
Our rates are There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below.
The following is INCLUDED:
- Luxurious accommodation with air-conditioning and en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily
- Local house wines, beers, soft drinks and mineral water, coffee and tea
- Two scheduled game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive bush walk with armed ranger for guests staying 2 or more nights
- VAT / Taxes
|Season||River Lodge – Luxury||River Lodge – Superior||Ivory Lodge – Villa|
|4 Jan – 19 Dec 2013||ZAR 5,200||ZAR 6,260||ZAR 9,580|
|20 Dec ’13 – 10 Jan ’14||ZAR 5,700||ZAR 6,880||ZAR 10,540|
|11 Jan – 18 Dec 2014||ZAR 5,840||ZAR 7,020||ZAR 10,540|
|19 Dec ’14 – 4 Jan ’15||ZAR 6,720||ZAR 8,080||ZAR 12,120|
Please note the following:
- per person sharing per night
- Please ask about single occupancy rates if required.
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands).
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com
The following is excluded
- Flights / transfers to and from the lodge (see below)
- Sabi Sands entry fee (if you drive yourself)
- Imported alcohol, champagne, cellar wines and premium branded spirits
- Telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children 10 and older are welcome at Lion Sands. Please ask us about rates and conditions for children.
Getting to the lodge
- You can book a scheduled flight on from Johannesburg to Nelspruit Airport.
- rom Nelspruit Airport we can arrange a road transfer to the lodge. The trip takes about two hours.
- Road transfers from Johannesburg can also be arranged. This trip takes about 6 hours.
- We can also book you a direct chartered flight from Johannesburg to the lodge’s airstrip.
- You can drive yourself to the lodge. We offer car rental at excellent rates, with unlimited mileage and super insurance cover with no excess.