Londolozi Game Reserve is a 14 000-hectare (34 580 acres) exclusive safari destination situated in the heart of the famous Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, on the western border of the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Meaning “protector of all living things” in Zulu, Londolozi is renowned for its progressive ecotourism practices, and is one of the most sought-after safari destinations in Africa. Recently upgraded and refurbished, we can highly recommend Londolozi for a superb, luxurious safari experience.
Classic Safari Accomodation:
Londolozi Game Reserve boasts five private camps overlooking the Sand River, offering world-class sophistication and style in the African bush.
- Pioneer Camp– offers splendid views and a classic safari experience…
- Founders Camp– will spoil you with four-poster bed comfort on the Sand River..
- Varty Camp– for a luxurious and spacious refuge in the African wild…
- Tree Camp– offers sumptuous suites among the treetops…
- Private Granite Suites– a unique and exclusive river affair…
Why Choose Londolozi for your safari?
- Five exclusive lodges overlooking the Sand River
- Interpretive Big Five safaris
- Day and night safaris to see African wildlife
- Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Winner of prestigious ecotourism awards
- Part of the Greater Kruger National Park
- Relais & Chateaux member
- Luxurious accommodation (recently upgraded) and world-class service
Cresting a gentle rise with elevated views of the Reserve, this elegant bushveld safari camp features just three private cottages in secluded bush locations with breathtaking river views, shaded by a 500-year old forest. Pioneer camp is steeped in the early history of Londolozi and tells the story of adventurers of a bygone era. Unique, peaceful and remote, the wild untrammeled wilderness is still the defining experience at Pioneer Camp.
Pioneer Camp Highlights:
- Three exclusive suites with river view furnished in classic safari style
- The suites have their own fireplace and bar
- Luxurious en-suite bathrooms with view
- Private outdoor showers in the African bush
- Intimate open-plan guest areas
- Lap pool
The Camp has a swimming pool and boma (open air dining area) where evening meals are enjoyed under the stars. Guests are most welcome to visit Londolozi Bateleur Camp’s curio shop and interpretive centre.
Londolozi Founders Camp
Charming and intimate, Founder’s Camp honors past guests and staff who have contributed to the Londolozi success story. Upgraded and renovated after the floods of February 2012, the camp now boasts 10 superior chalets, all with personal bar, private plunge pool and salas affording magical views of the Sand River and lush riverine bush. En-suite bathrooms with glass walls offer tantalising views of the African wilderness.
- 10 Superior chalets
- Expansive river views
- Private plunge pools
- Luxurious en-suite bathrooms
- Thatched game viewing deck
- Lovely riverside pool
The dining area at Founders Camp overlooks the Sand River, with a walkway leading to a thatched viewing deck where guests can relax while game and bird viewing. The boma (reed-enclosed open air dining area) is adjacent to the camp’s swimming pool. There is a covered sitting area, with a well-stocked drinks cabinet. Guests from Founders Camp are welcome to visit the African craft shop and interpretive center at the nearby Varty Camp.
Londolozi Varty Camp
Characterised by a timeless safari ambience, eight standard chalets and two superior chalets all feature private plunge pools and decks with expansive river views. Londolozi’s rich history is preserved and recorded in the original camp built in 1926. In honour of the Varty family who have contributed so much to conservation in South Africa and Londolozi in particular, Varty camp is the heart and soul of Londolozi and celebrates the Varty family’s ongoing love for the wild.
- Eight standard chalets and two superior chalets
- Luxury bathroom with private view over bush
- Private plunge pools and leisure decks
- Great vaulted guest areas
- African craft gallery and interpretive centre
- Large camp swimming pool
- Wine cellar
Shaded by a cathedral of trees, the sitting and dining areas offer awe-inspiring views of the Sand River. The camp has a pleasingly down-to-earth atmosphere and children are welcomed. Varty camp features the Londolozi Living boutique, the gym, and massage treatment room. There is a large swimming pool, an open air boma (reeded enclosure) and an excellent African craft shop/gallery
Londolozi Tree Camp
Tree Camp takes its name from the ancient Ebony Tree shading the camp, and is the most stylish family run camp in Africa. This romantic camp comprises six sumptuous suites furnished in African safari style, each with its own private oasis – a plunge pool and luxurious sala (outdoor covered contemplation deck). Inviting guest areas and a large sparkling swimming pool add to Tree Camp’s charm. Embodying the essence of Londolozi, Tree Camp continues to redefine the wildlife tourism experience – a combination of elegance and simplicity. Highly recommended!
- Six intimate suites
- en-suite bathroom and outdoor shower
- Private plunge pool and relaxing sala
- Spectacular game viewing dining deck
- Large sparkling swimming pool
Small and exclusive, Tree Camp is surrounded by large shady trees and offers wonderful views of the Sand River. There is a gracious living area with a guest library. The main sitting area leads out onto a wooden deck, raised on high stilts off the ground. Elegant candlelit dinners are enjoyed in the boma (open air dining area). There is a large swimming pool set in the camp’s garden.
Private Granite Suites
The Private Granite Suites offer an extraordinary experience for the exclusive use of six guests. Bold, inspiring materials mirror the extrusion of granite rocks that flank the camp while conveying the raw essence of Africa. A palette of silver, charcoal and elephant grey in a range of sumptuous materials creates an elegant and contemporary setting in each expansive suite. The emphasis is on space, light and privacy while blurring the barrier between inside and out. A seamless integration with nature is achieved with large doors and windows all opening directly onto the river
- Three private suites
- En-suite bathroom and outdoor shower
- Private, unique swimming pool
- Spectacular game viewing
- Ideal for honeymoon couples
Suites can be booked individually or as a private camp for six guests.
Our rates are all-inclusive.There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below. The following is INCLUDED:
- Luxurious accommodation with air-conditioning and en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily
- Local house wines, beers, soft drinks and mineral water
- Two scheduled game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive bush walk with armed ranger for guests staying 2 or more nights
- VAT / Taxes
Rates per night from 16 December 2012 – 15 December 2013:
|CAMP||1-3 NIGHTS||4-5 NIGHTS||6+ NIGHTS|
|Varty Camp (8 chalets)||ZAR 6,811||ZAR 6,470||ZAR 6,147|
|Varty Camp (2 superior chalets)||ZAR 7,791||ZAR 7,401||ZAR 7,031|
|Founders Camp (10 superior chalets)||ZAR 7,791||ZAR 7,401||ZAR 7,031|
|Pioneer Camp (3 suites)||ZAR 10,682||ZAR 10,148||ZAR 9,641|
|Tree Camp (6 suites)||ZAR 10,290||ZAR 9,776||ZAR 9,287|
|Private Granite Suites (3 suites)||ZAR 11,711||ZAR 11,125||ZAR 10,569|
Rates per night from 16 December 2013 – 15 December 2014:
|CAMP||1-3 NIGHTS||4-5 NIGHTS||6+ NIGHTS|
|Varty Camp (8 chalets)||ZAR 7,497||ZAR 7,122||ZAR 6,767|
|Varty Camp (2 superior chalets)||ZAR 8,575||ZAR 8,147||ZAR 7,739|
|Founders Camp (10 superior chalets)||ZAR 8,575||ZAR 8,147||ZAR 7,739|
|Pioneer Camp (3 suites)||ZAR 12,103||ZAR 11,498||ZAR 10,923|
|Tree Camp (6 suites)||ZAR 11,711||ZAR 11,126||ZAR 10,569|
|Private Granite Suites (3 suites)||ZAR 13,181||ZAR 12,522||ZAR 12,139|
Please note the following:
- per person sharing per night<
- Please ask about single occupancy rates if required.
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands).
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com
The following is excluded
- Flights / transfers to and from the lodge (see below).
- Sabi Sands entry fee (if you drive yourself).
- Imported alcohol, champagne and premium branded spirits.
- Telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses.
- Curio shop purchases.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Children under 16 are welcome at Varty camp. Please ask us about rates and conditions for children.
Getting to the lodge
- You can book a scheduled flight on from Johannesburg to Nelspruit Airport.
- From Nelspruit Airport we can arrange a road transfer to the lodge. The trip takes about two hours.
- Road transfers from Johannesburg can also be arranged. This trip takes about 6 hours.
- We can also book you a direct chartered flight from Johannesburg to the lodge’s airstrip.
- You can drive yourself to the lodge. We offer car rental at excellent rates, with unlimited mileage and super insurance cover with no excess.