Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge is an affordable bush retreat in the Balule Game Reserve, a Big Five wilderness area which forms part of the greater Kruger National Park. Your hosts Tony & Alma invite you to experience Africa at its very best! With a choice of two small, intimate lodges, guests are assured of comfort and unobtrusive attentiveness, while enjoying the safari magic that Mohlabetsi offers.
Why choose Mohlabetsi for your safari?
- Small, intimate bush retreat
- Sparkling pool
- Daily big 5 game drives and bush walk
- Part of the Greater Kruger National Park
- Friendly, informal atmosphere
- Affordable rates
This 4 star camp is a green oasis in the Bush. There are only six African-style rondawels and two family units with interleading rooms, ensuring a tranquil, homely atmosphere. The lodge is newly renovated and offers a wonderful base for your safaris. Each rondawel is twin or double bedded, with en-suite facilities and a marvelous al fresco shower.
Apart from the regular game drives on open land rovers (morning and afternoon), Mohlabetsi also offers astronomy safaris on clear evenings, giving you the opportunity to stand in awe at the brilliant African night sky with the help of a powerful telescope. Night drives and bushwalks are.
Tranquility Lapa is situated in a quiet area of the lodge & offers relaxing massages during the day. Indulge yourself with an Aromatherapy Massage, with only the sounds of nature to provide background music. Alternatively, relax in a hammock near the pool, or browse through the interesting curio shop.
Mohlabetsi is known as a relaxed, comfortable bush retreat and the lodge draws many return clients. You can expect great service, great food, and exciting game viewing, all for a very reasonable price.
Our rates are There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below. The following is INCLUDED:
- Comfortable bungalow accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees
- Two game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive bush walk with armed ranger for guests staying 2 or more nights
- VAT / Taxes
|SEASON||PP SHARING||PP SINGLE|
|Jan – Dec 2014||ZAR 2,100||ZAR 2,695|
|Jan – Dec 2015||ZAR 2,352||ZAR 3,003|
Please note the following:
- A fantastic Pay 2 Nights Stay 3 Nights Special Offer is available from 1 April to 31 July as well as from 1-30 September! This applies to 2012 and 2013.
- Rates are quoted per person per night
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands)
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting
- Special rates may apply from time to time. Please email us to enquire
The following is excluded
- Telephone calls and personal expenses
- Flights / transfers to and from Mohlabetsi (see below)
- All drinks
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children are welcome at Mohlabetsi
- Children under 12 pay half price if sharing with parents (and cannot participate in bush walks)
- You can book a scheduled flight on SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport.
- Transfers can be arranged from the airport to the lodge.
- Why not book an affordable 5 hour road transfer from Johannesburg to the lodge, and enjoy some of South Africa’s beautiful scenery along the way? Please enquire about this daily shuttle and other transport options.
- From Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport the transfer takes about 30 minutes.