Deep within the Timbavati Game Reserve lies Motswari Private Game Lodge. As part of the Greater Kruger National Park Conservancy and traversing close on 200 square kilometres of pristine habitat, Motswari offers visitors the best of Africa – the Big Five, wide horizons and untamed wilderness. Motswari is one of our favorite game lodges, and you will not find better hosts than Kathy and Steve, the lodge managers. The entire staff team is wonderful, and dedicated to making your safari an unforgettable experience. The lodge overlooks a beautiful riverbed and waterhole.
Daily early morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles are included, as well as a guided bush walk after breakfast. The 4-wheel drive vehicles enable the rangers to drive off-road and provide guests with up-close game viewing and great photographic opportunities.
Delight in superb cuisine under African skies in the boma (reeded enclosure) or perhaps at a scenic spot out in the bush. All meals, teas and coffees are included at Motswari.
Motswari is truly one of the original hidden treasures of the Timbavati Game Reserve. Your hosts Kathy and Steve would love to share the magic of this bushveld paradise with you, and are passionate about making your safari an unforgettable experience. Some exciting optional activities are being added from this year, such as an overnight hike, or a sleep out night at Motswari’s Hide. Please ask us for more details.
Our rates are all-inclusive.
There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below. The following is
- Luxurious accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees
- From December 2012 onwards, soft drinks, local beers and house wines are INCLUDED at Motswari!
- All meals, local beers, house wine and soft drinks,
- Two game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive Guided Safari bush walk with refreshments
- VAT / Taxes
|Jul – Sep 2016||ZAR 4,502 (Single) ZAR 6,313 (Double)|
|Oct – Nov 2016||ZAR 5,341 (Single) ZAR 7,429 (Double)|
|Dec 2014 – Apr 2016||ZAR 5,341 ZAR 7,429 (Double)|
|May – Jun 2016||ZAR 3,818 (Single) ZAR 5,301 (Double)|
Please note the following:
- Rates are quoted per person sharing, per night
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands)
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com.
- Special rates may apply from time to time. Please email us to enquire.
The following is excluded
- Flights / transfers to and from the lodge (see below)
- Timbavati conservation levy,
- All other beverages, extras, telephone calls, bar, laundry
- Telephone calls and personal expenses
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (optional)
- Champagne, cellar wines, premium spirits, bottled water and energy drinks
- Optional activities such as overnight hike or sleepout at Motswari Hide
- Children are welcome at Motswari
- 0 to 5 year olds are regrettably not allowed at Motswari due to safety regulations
- Children sharing with parents pay 50% of per person sharing rate per night
- You can book a scheduled flight on SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport.
- Transfers can be arranged from the airport to the lodge.
- You can also book a direct chartered flight from Johannesburg to the lodge’s airstrip.
- Please enquire about road transfers from Johannesburg (this is about a 6-hour trip).
- From Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport the transfer takes about 1 hour.