Nkorho Bush Lodge is an affordable game lodge in the Northern part of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, right near the unfenced boundary with the Kruger National Park. It is situated in prime game viewing area and sightings of the Big Five are common.
Nkorho Bush Lodge features a stunning viewing deck and rim-flow pool overlooking an open plain and waterhole, where wildlife can be seen coming and going on a daily basis. In the dry months especially, the waterhole is very active and you can sit on the covered deck or laze around the pool and watch elephants, zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, impala and many other animals drink at the waterhole.
Watch a live video stream from the waterhole at Nkorho Bush Lodge
The bar and lounge areas are inviting and comfortably furnished, and nothing beats the outside lounge area on the deck, covered with thatch and offering uninterrupted views of the surrounding bush. The lodge has a well-stocked cellar and a traditional African boma (enclosed dining area) where dinners can be enjoyed under the stars around the fire. The meals at Nkorho are good quality, and the food is plentiful and well-prepared.
Nkorho Bush Lodge offers six comfortable, rustic chalets with en-suite bathroom and electric fans (no air-conditioning). Two of the units have a little veranda with views over the bush, the rest have no view. The lodge is not overly luxurious and is officially rated 4-star. It will suit guests who are looking for an affordable safari destination with excellent game viewing, but who do not require the refinements of 5-star luxury accommodation.
Game drives are included in the cost, and conducted on open land rovers with a qualified ranger and local tracker. The tracker sits on the front of the vehicle looking for tracks and spotting animals, while the ranger acts as driver and interpretive guide. Two game drives are included each day – one in the morning and one in the afternoon. At sunset, sundowners are enjoyed at a scenic spot in the bush, after which the game drive continues as a night drive with spotlights, looking for leopards, lions and other nocturnal animals.
Our rates are all-inclusive. There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below.
The following is INCLUDED:
- Comfortable accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees
- Two scheduled game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive bush walk with armed ranger for guests staying 2 or more nights
- VAT / Taxes
|Sep 2012 – Aug 2014||ZAR 2,732||ZAR 3,529|
|Sep 2013 – Aug 2015||ZAR 3,035||ZAR 3,920|
Please note the following:
- Rates are quoted per person sharing per night
- Please ask us about rates for single occupancy
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands)
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com
- Special rates may apply from time to time. Please email us to enquire.
The following is excluded:
- Flights / transfers to and from Nkorho (see below)
- Sabi Sand Game Reserve entrance fee
- Telephone calls and personal expenses
- Government tourism levy (1%)
- All drinks (bar bill, sundowners and soft drinks)
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (optional)
- You can book a scheduled flight on SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport.
- Transfers can be arranged from the airport.
- We can also book you a direct chartered flight from Johannesburg to the lodge’s airstrip.
- Please enquire about rates and departure details.
- Please enquire about road transfers from Johannesburg. The trip takes about 6 hours.
- From Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport the road transfer takes 1-2 hours.
- We can also arrange a rental car for you so you can drive yourself to the lodge. Directions will be provided. The lodge can be reached by normal car (no need for a 4×4).