Pondoro Game Lodge is situated on the banks of the Olifants River in the Balule Game Reserve, a private big five game reserve which forms part of the greater Kruger National Park. Since there are no fences separating Balule from the rest of the Kruger Park, the wildlife is free to roam across the entire reserve. The bush and animals found in the Balule reserve are the same as in the Kruger National Park.
Why choose Pondoro for your safari?
- Balule Game Reserve.
- Choice of standard or luxury rooms
- Lodge overlooks the Olifants river
- Affordable 5-star luxury
- Daily big 5 game drives and bush walk
- Part of the Greater Kruger National Park
- Air-conditioning and mosquito nets
- Excellent value for money
Pondoro Game Lodge is a small luxury safari lodge offering a choice of three standard rooms or five luxury suites, for a maximum of 16 people in total. The standard chalets are architecturally designed and overlook the Olifants river. Each chalet has an en-suite bathroom with shower overlooking the river, air-conditioning, mosquito nets and a viewing deck
The luxury suites are spacious suites offering all modern comforts, each uniquely decorated with its own theme. Each suite boasts air-conditioning, mosquito nets, generous en-suite bathroom, and a private wooden deck with al fresco shower for the adventurous. Most lodges with luxury suites of this standard cost a fair amount more than Pondoro
The game viewing around Pondoro is good, and the typical safari lodge program of a morning and afternoon/evening game drive applies here too. All of the guides at Pondoro are highly experienced. A guided bush walk with an armed ranger is available each day, at no extra cost. There are three bush hides overlooking waterholes, which can be visited during game drives. The Olifants River is a main water source of this area and this attracts many animal species, ensuring plenty of wildlife activity all your round
Meals are prepared with great care and skill, offering a fusion between traditional African cuisine and modern European trends. Pondoro has an extensive wine cellar, and vegetarians can easily be catered for. Meals are included in the rate, and an unforgettable bush dinner is available for those who stay for a third night.
The main lodge area overlooks the Olifants River, and when you are in need of that extra bit of indulgence and relaxation, revitalize yourself with a treatment at the Serenity Spa which offers a steam room, spa bath, facials and massages among their many treatment options.
Our rates are full board and we add no booking fee. There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below.
The following is INCLUDED:
- Luxurious accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Three delicious meals daily including all teas and coffees
- Two game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- Interactive bush walk with armed ranger for guests staying 2 or more nights
- VAT / Taxes
|SEASON||STANDARD CHALETS||LUXURY SUITES|
|Jan – Apr 2013||ZAR 2,773||ZAR 3,734|
|May – Aug 2013||ZAR 2,211||ZAR 3,063|
|Sep – Dec 2013||ZAR 2,773||ZAR 3,734|
|Jan – Apr 2014||ZAR 3,191||ZAR 4,292|
|May – Aug 2014||ZAR 2,538||ZAR 3,524|
|Sep – Dec 2014||ZAR 3,191||ZAR 4,292|
Please note the following:
- Rates are quoted per person per night sharing
- Please ask us about single occupancy rates
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands)
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com
- Special rates may apply from time to time. Please email us to enquire.
The following is excluded
- Telephone calls and personal expenses
- Flights / transfers to and from Pondoro (see below)
- Balule entrance fee
- All drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children over the age of 12 are welcome at Pondoro
- You can book a scheduled flight on SA Airlink from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit Airport or to Phalaborwa Airpot.
- Transfers can be arranged from the airport to the lodge
- Please enquire about departure and arrival times
- Please enquire about road transfers from Johannesburg (this is about a 6-hour trip)
- From Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport the transfer takes about 1 hour