Shishangeni Private Lodge, along with Camp Shawu and Camp Shonga are situated in a 15,000 hectares private concession area in the world-renowned Kruger National Park. These 3 lodges share the same exclusive traversing area in the south-eastern corner of the game reserve, and the game viewing in this area is usually very good.
Shishangeni Private Lodge comprises of 22 individual chalets, each complete with a fireplace, romantic bathroom, outdoor shower and lounging area, as well as a private deck for game viewing and sipping drinks while the sun sets over the African bushveld.
Early morning and late afternoon game drives on open vehicles bring you up close to Africa’s magnificent wildlife, including the “Big Five”. A daily walking safari is also included. Shishangeni offers a children’s program.
Camp Shawu is named after Shawu, one of the most famous elephants among the Kruger Park’s largest tuskers, called the “Magnificent Seven”. Those lucky enough to have seen this elephant up close, say that he took your breath away. Camp Shawu does the same.
Overlooking a large lake which attracts plenty of wildlife, Camp Shawu captures the essence of “real Africa”, with authentic buffalo dung walls and thatched roofs. This secluded camp has 5 luxury rooms, each with a private deck overlooking the waterhole.
Camp Shonga is a luxury tented camp with majestic views over the surrounding bush, hidden away in one of the most beautiful parts of the Kruger National Park.
This intimate camp has only 5 luxury tents each with private game viewing deck, outdoor shower, fans, fireplace and en-suite bathroom.
The area around Camp Shonga is frequented by elephants, rhino, cheetah, lions, leopard, large herds of buffalo and sometimes wild dogs, in addition to a large variety of small game.
Shishangeni Lodges offer the quintessential safari experience in a prime game viewing area of the Kruger National Park. Here you can relax, unwind and be rejuvenated by the remoteness and beauty of the wilderness around you. This is a great way to experience the Kruger Park at it’s best.
Our rates are all-inclusive. There are no hidden fees or unexpected costs not mentioned below.
The following is INCLUDED:
- Luxurious accommodation with en-suite bathroom
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
- Sundowner drinks
- Two scheduled game drives daily in an open 4 x 4 safari vehicle, accompanied by an experienced ranger and tracker (about 3 hours each)
- VAT / Taxes
|Jan – Apr 2016||ZAR 3,253||ZAR 4, 230|
|Sep – Dec 2016||ZAR 3,253||ZAR 4,230|
|May – Aug 2016||ZAR 2,890||ZAR 3,215|
|CAMP SHAWU||PP Sharing||Single|
|Jan – Apr 2016||ZAR 3,515||ZAR 4, 565|
|May – Aug 2016||ZAR 3,125||ZAR 4,065|
|Sep – Dec 2016||ZAR 3,515||ZAR 4,565|
|CAMP SHONGA||PP Sharing||Single|
|Jan – Apr 2016||ZAR 3,040||ZAR 3,955|
|May – Aug 2016||ZAR 2,576||ZAR 3,346|
|Sep – Dec 2016||ZAR 2,702||ZAR 3,517|
Please note the following:
- Rates are quoted per person sharing per night
- A surcharge applies at peak time from 22 Dec – 4 Jan and during the World Cup.
- Rates are quoted in ZAR (South African Rands).
- You can convert this to your currency by visiting www.oanda.com
The following is excluded
- Flights / transfers to and from the lodge (see below).
- Kruger Park entrance fee / Gate entrance Fees.
- R62.00 per person / per night.
- All drinks.
- Telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses.
- Curio shop purchases.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Children are welcome. Please ask us about rates and conditions for children.
- Children under of all ages are welcome at Shishangeni main lodge but not at Shawu or Shonga
Getting to the lodge
- You can book a scheduled flight on from Johannesburg to Nelspruit Airport.
- From Nelspruit Airport we can arrange a road transfer to the lodge. The trip takes about two hours.
- Road transfers from Johannesburg can also be arranged. This trip takes about 6 hours.
- You can drive yourself to the lodge. We offer car rental at excellent rates, with unlimited mileage and super insurance cover with no excess.